by Rea Schuessler, PGA Professional
In order to improve in any motor skill, which golf is unless you are very gifted, an understanding of the process is helpful. Below is a proven process to to get better at anything involving motor skill development.
• Be engaged in the process. A clear mental focus in all stages is very important.
• Stretch outside your comfort zone. Be willing to challenge yourself.
• Do it alot. In any motor skill development correct and repetitive motions are important to form a habit and make it more subconscious.
• You will make allot of mistakes along the process of skill development. Understand this is part of it. Stay the course!
• Do it a lot. Again golf is a motor skill that requires constant tuning for most. Be realistic relative to your skill level and time.
Enjoy The Challenge of the Game!
Rea Schuessler is the Lead Instructor of
the Gulf Shores Golf Academy. He has
been named “One of the Top Teachers in
Alabama” by Golf Digest.
He can be contacted at (251) 978-1625 or